Ann: Some AppleScripts that fetch and import PDFs, and meta data from PDF, DOI, or Title

Ann: Some AppleScripts that fetch and import PDFs, and meta data from PDF, DOI, or Title

Ken Mankoff
(A new email thread in case people stopped following the recent thread which was mostly asking for help as I figured out AppleScript.)

I'm releasing two AppleScripts, available here:

Those scripts rely on 3rd party tools pdfmeat and bibfetch (linked from the above page).

With these AppleScripts I have pretty good success, at least in the files I have tested it on, downloading and auto-filing a PDF for a record, and/or filling in the publication record based on a PDF dragged into BibDesk with no additional info, or a record that has only DOI or Title.

A video demonstrating some of this is available here:

  -k.