Quantcast

AppleScript CiteInPages

Pier Paolo Donato
Hi there,
I have a question regarding BibDesk and Pages 6: I couldn’t manage to get the bibliography using the CiteInPages AppleScript.
The website from which I got the AppleScript (http://jhh.med.virginia.edu/main/CiteInPages) is been unavailable for years now (at least for me).
Since the scripts are open source, I wonder if anyone has tweaked them to work with Pages 6.
For reference the script author said "This script used the ReplaceCite script from the BibDesk Wiki site (http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/BibDesk_Applescriptsas a starting point and may still contain a few lines of that code.
If you guys like, I still have the scripts on my computer, I could forward them to you for inspection.

Or hopefully someone else has written a new script for that.

Thanks in advance.

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: AppleScript CiteInPages

Fischlin  Andreas
Dear Paolo,

I for one have not tweaked them.

However, to make latest versions of scripts available to everyone is certainly a good idea. If you can help along those lines, please do so.

ETH Zurich
Prof. em. Dr. Andreas Fischlin
IPCC Vice-Chair WGII
Systems Ecology - Institute of Biogeochemistry and Pollutant Dynamics
Universitaetstrasse 16, CHN E 24
8092 Zurich
SWITZERLAND

+41 44 633-6090 phone
+41 44 633-1136 fax
+41 79 595-4050 mobile

             Make it as simple as possible, but distrust it!

On 01/03/2017, at 17:00, Pier Paolo Donato <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Ok, scripts are attached to this message.

It looks like zip archives are blacklisted, I try sending them one by one.

Bye

CiteInPages alpha-numbered.scpt (170K) Download Attachment
smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: AppleScript CiteInPages

Pier Paolo Donato
Here’s the second one

CiteInPages author-date.scpt (213K) Download Attachment
smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: AppleScript CiteInPages

Pier Paolo Donato
The third one

CiteInPages numbered.scpt (159K) Download Attachment
smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: AppleScript CiteInPages

Pier Paolo Donato
This is the last CiteInPages AppleScript
enjoy

CiteInPages text citation (Pages 4).scpt (22K) Download Attachment
smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: AppleScript CiteInPages

Pier Paolo Donato
I tried the latest version of the scripts (Harrison’s website is back online for a few days!) and I receive the same error as before:
"AppleScript reported the following error:
Pages got an error: Can’t get «class pSel» of document “Document.pages”.”

Anyone has a clue?

Bye

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: AppleScript CiteInPages

Pier Paolo Donato
I just checked my Finder settings and the extensions are shown.
I also tried my last document to which I successfully added a bibliography (Pages 4) and it didn’t work this time.
I I also tried pasting a little text in a new document with bare formatting and it didn’t work.

Bye

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: AppleScript CiteInPages

Pier Paolo Donato
Thanks for your help and for the new scripts, it works now!
I was indeed using the wrong version, since I hastily downloaded the old one.

Bye.

Il giorno 02 mar 2017, alle ore 18:26, Harrison, James H. (jhh5y) <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

On Mar 2, 2017, at 5:09 AM, Pier Paolo Donato <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tried the latest version of the scripts (Harrison’s website is back online for a few days!) and I receive the same error as before:
"AppleScript reported the following error:
Pages got an error: Can’t get «class pSel» of document “Document.pages”.”

I pulled out my old test documents and libraries, and at least in my setting the CiteInPages5 scripts work fine with Pages 6.0.5 (MacOS Sierra 10.12.3 running on a new 15” MacBook Pro). There have been issues like this in the past related to getting the correct path to files. Some have found that setting file name extensions to show has helped: Finder > Preferences > Advanced > "Show all filename extensions" should be checked.

If this doesn’t work, you could consider sending me an example file and BibDesk library that show the problem and I’ll take a look.

Best wishes,

Jim

James H. Harrison, Jr., MD, PhD
Associate Professor and Director of Biomedical Informatics
Departments of Public Health Sciences and Pathology
University of Virginia
Hospital West Complex Suite 3000
PO Box 800717
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0717