Quantcast

Auto-filing attachments of individual publications

Auto-filing attachments of individual publications

macula
Hi,

According to the help system, "you can also AutoFile a single linked
file by choosing the 'AutoFile Paper' menu item in the action menu of
the Editor." On my system this option (which I presume is under the
"cogwheel" con). is always greyed out, both before and after saving the
database.

Thanks,

Y.

Re: Auto-filing attachments of individual publications

Fischlin  Andreas
Dear Y.,

First there is no such menu command ‘AutoFile Paper’, but I guess you mean ‘AutoFile Linked Files’. Saving or not saving the database does not matter for this menu item’s availability, since it refers to linked files. Only if you have actually added some linked files, e.g. by drag/drop a pdf to the right side bar of the Edit window will this menu command become active and available. I presume it is greyed out in your case, because you have not created any linked files for that record.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Regards,
Andreas

ETH Zurich
Prof. Dr. Andreas Fischlin
Systems Ecology - Institute of Biogeochemistry and Pollutant Dynamics
CHN E 21.1
Universitaetstrasse 16
8092 Zurich
SWITZERLAND

[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
www.sysecol.ethz.ch<http://www.sysecol.ethz.ch>

+41 44 633-6090 phone
+41 44 633-1136 fax
+41 79 595-4050 mobile

             Make it as simple as possible, but distrust it!

On Jul 9, 2014, at 10:21, Yannis Rammos wrote:

Hi,

According to the help system, "you can also AutoFile a single linked
file by choosing the 'AutoFile Paper' menu item in the action menu of
the Editor." On my system this option (which I presume is under the
"cogwheel" con). is always greyed out, both before and after saving the
database.

Thanks,

Y.

It is now called "AutoFile Linked Files". It is available in the action menu (cogwheel button at the bottom) of the editor, in the Publications menu in the main menu, and in the contextual menu for a linked file (both in the editor and the main window). For me, it is available when it should be. It is greyed out only when the pub is not editable (i.e. when it is an external item) or when there are no linked files. Perhaps you are looking at the editor for an external item, which isn't editable?

Re: Auto-filing attachments of individual publications

macula

Duh! Thanks a lot Christiaan, I was instead looking at the "Fusionner dans des publications externes" command (in French), which has so far been always greyed out.