Quantcast

BibDesk 1.6.10

Christiaan Hofman
Greetings all

The BibDesk development team is pleased to announce that a new version of BibDesk, version 1.6.10, is now available.

We thank the users who have contributed to BibDesk development by sharing their experiences with BibDesk, and testing nightly builds.

This release can be obtained by selecting "check for updates" in the "BibDesk" menu, visiting the Sourceforge downloads page at

https://sourceforge.net/projects/bibdesk/

or by visiting the BibDesk home page at

http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/

or by following the link below, which will begin immediate download:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/bibdesk/files/BibDesk/BibDesk-1.6.10/BibDesk-1.6.10.dmg/download

For those interested follow the full release notes for this version.

Release notes for BibDesk version 1.6.10

Bugs Fixed
  *  Fix MathSciNet web scraper
  *  Fix drag highlights
  *  Fix field group icons
  *  Fix search highlights in preferences
  *  Improve compatibility with tabs
  *  Better suppress update check prompt

Problem with AutoFile Linked Files

Masso Chailly
When I “AutoFile Linked Files” (Command+Shift+K), the icon and filename text of the file preview at the bottom-preview pane do not refresh themselves. Curiously, they do when I click other bib item and get back to the same item.

More serious problem is that the item info (in RTF template?) on the side-preview pane gets stuck to the item on which I imposed “AutoFile Linked Files”. Even if I click other bib item, the side-preview never refreshes (unless I restart BibDesk).

Switching side- and bottom-preview does not help.

This strange behavior started from version 1.6.8 (or around it). It might also be related to the update of the macOS to macOS 10.12.4. I don’t remember clearly when and how it started.

Best,

Masso

Re: Problem with AutoFile Linked Files

Christiaan Hofman

On 6 Apr 2017, at 02:42, Masso Chailly <[hidden email]> wrote:

When I “AutoFile Linked Files” (Command+Shift+K), the icon and filename text of the file preview at the bottom-preview pane do not refresh themselves. Curiously, they do when I click other bib item and get back to the same item.

More serious problem is that the item info (in RTF template?) on the side-preview pane gets stuck to the item on which I imposed “AutoFile Linked Files”. Even if I click other bib item, the side-preview never refreshes (unless I restart BibDesk).

Switching side- and bottom-preview does not help.

This strange behavior started from version 1.6.8 (or around it). It might also be related to the update of the macOS to macOS 10.12.4. I don’t remember clearly when and how it started.

Best,

Masso

I cannot reproduce your problem. But I could imagine where the update failure could come from. Could you download tomorrow’s nightly build and test with it whether it fixes this issue?

As for the template preview getting stuck, I doubt it is related to the auto file, but is a separate issue. I really cannot see how that could be caused.

Re: Problem with AutoFile Linked Files

Masso Chailly
The nightly build 20170406 indeed resolves the AutoFile problem on my system! Quite curious. Many thanks anyway. Best, Masso