BibDesk 1.6.4

Christiaan Hofman
Greetings all

The BibDesk development team is pleased to announce that a new version of BibDesk, version 1.6.4, is now available.

We thank the users who have contributed to BibDesk development by sharing their experiences with BibDesk, and testing nightly builds.

This release can be obtained by selecting "check for updates" in the "BibDesk" menu, visiting the Sourceforge downloads page at

https://sourceforge.net/projects/bibdesk/

or by visiting the BibDesk home page at

http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/

or by following the link below, which will begin immediate download:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bibdesk/files/BibDesk/BibDesk-1.6.4/BibDesk-1.6.4.dmg/download

For those interested follow the full release notes for this version.

Release notes for BibDesk version 1.6.4

New Features
  *  Allow creation of publications from data in AppleScript
  *  Extend import AppleScript command

Bugs Fixed
  *  Don't ignore custom open settings such as text encoding
  *  Fix highlights for containing group on Yosemite
  *  Fix dragging of templates in preferences
  *  Fix bug in undo for bookmarks deletion
  *  Fix script menu icon in dark mode
  *  Avoid a hang in the Preferences on Yosemite
  *  Also reopen last open documents when restoring BibDesk at login
  *  Improvements to Quick Look support
  *  Fix warning suppression for editing inherited fields

Re: BibDesk 1.6.4

Ken Mankoff
I find QuickLook is activating frequently with the new 1.6.4 BibDesk version.

For example, when I CMD+SHFT+K (auto-file linked file) it refiles the file and then opens QuickLook. Does anyone else have an issue like this? Should I try a nightly, or revert to 1.6.3?

On May 19, 2015, at 20:12, Ken Mankoff wrote:

I find QuickLook is activating frequently with the new 1.6.4 BibDesk version.

For example, when I CMD+SHFT+K (auto-file linked file) it refiles the file and then opens QuickLook. Does anyone else have an issue like this? Should I try a nightly, or revert to 1.6.3?

You're right, it seems to show QL from the detail editor whenever the linked files change. Tomorrow's nightly will have a fix for this. You may download tomorrow nightly if it bothers you. You can also hit Cmd-Shift-K with an item selected in the main table.

Christiaan