BibDesk 1.6.8

Christiaan Hofman
Greetings all

The BibDesk development team is pleased to announce that a new version of BibDesk, version 1.6.8, is now available.

We thank the users who have contributed to BibDesk development by sharing their experiences with BibDesk, and testing nightly builds.

This release can be obtained by selecting "check for updates" in the "BibDesk" menu, visiting the Sourceforge downloads page at

https://sourceforge.net/projects/bibdesk/

or by visiting the BibDesk home page at

http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/

or by following the link below, which will begin immediate download:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bibdesk/files/BibDesk/BibDesk-1.6.7/BibDesk-1.6.7.dmg/download

For those interested follow the full release notes for this version.

Release notes for BibDesk version 1.6.8

Bugs Fixed
  *  Use separate PATH environment variables for tex and bibtex commands for preview
  *  Allow background drawing in TeX preview PDF view to avoid sluggishness on 10.12
  *  Linked files prefer path over file object after replacing, support Dropbox
  *  Fix side pane animation

Re: BibDesk 1.6.8

Fischlin  Andreas
Dear Christiaan,

The link to the dmg is to version 1.6.7. Is that really intentional?

Regards,
Andreas

ETH Zurich
Prof. em. Dr. Andreas Fischlin
IPCC Vice-Chair WGII
Systems Ecology - Institute of Biogeochemistry and Pollutant Dynamics
Universitaetstrasse 16, CHN E 24
8092 Zurich
SWITZERLAND

+41 44 633-6090 phone
+41 44 633-1136 fax
+41 79 595-4050 mobile

             Make it as simple as possible, but distrust it!

On 13/02/2017, at 10:21, Christiaan Hofman <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

mn

Re: BibDesk 1.6.8

mn
On 13.02.17 11:21, Christiaan Hofman wrote:

> Greetings all
>
> The BibDesk development team is pleased to announce that a new
> version of BibDesk, version 1.6.8, is now available.
>
> We thank the users who have contributed to BibDesk development by
> sharing their experiences with BibDesk, and testing nightly builds.
>
> This release can be obtained by selecting "check for updates" in the
> "BibDesk" menu, visiting the Sourceforge downloads page at
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/bibdesk/
>
> or by visiting the BibDesk home page at
>
> http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/
>
> or by following the link below, which will begin immediate download:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/bibdesk/files/BibDesk/BibDesk-1.6.7/BibDesk-1.6.7.dmg/download
>
>  For those interested follow the full release notes for this
> version.
>
> Release notes for BibDesk version 1.6.8
>
> Bugs Fixed *  Use separate PATH environment variables for tex and
> bibtex commands for preview *  Allow background drawing in TeX
> preview PDF view to avoid sluggishness on 10.12 *  Linked files
> prefer path over file object after replacing, support Dropbox *  Fix
> side pane animation

Hi.

BibDesk 1.6.8 is not launching at all "because of a problem".
If I would send a report (to Apple), this is the relevant bit:

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded:
@executable_path/../Frameworks/BTParse.framework/Versions/A/BTParse
  Referenced from: /Volumes/VOLUME/BibDesk.app/Contents/MacOS/BibDesk
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
        /Volumes/BibDesk/BibDesk.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/BTParse.framework/Versions/A/BTParse: code signature invalid for '/Volumes/BibDesk/BibDesk.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/BTParse.framework/Versions/A/BTParse'

        /Volumes/BibDesk/BibDesk.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/BTParse.framework/Versions/A/BTParse: code signature invalid for '/Volumes/BibDesk/BibDesk.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/BTParse.framework/Versions/A/BTParse'

Binary Images:
    0x7fff6c36d000 -     0x7fff6c3a392f  dyld (353.2.4)
<708E385E-50C6-32A3-983C-42E97BEE4346> /usr/lib/dyld

This is on 10.10 and from the disk-image.

The same happened after updating from within the app and after
installing and downloading from sf.net two more times.

Seems to be a codesign issue since after removing that 1.6.8 seems to
behave as expected, i.e. launches.

Since no-one else complained so far I am quite suspicious about that binary.

greetings

Re: BibDesk 1.6.8

Christiaan Hofman

On 14 Feb 2017, at 10:57, mn <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Sorry about that. It looks like Xcode changed some crucial build setting without telling me. I’ll try to fix this as soon as possible.