BibDesk/Skim Wiki uneditable

Christiaan Hofman
Hi Mike,

After the SF move, I'm unable to edit the Skim and BibDesk Wiki. I
know near to nothing about the wiki an what it's based on (php and
sql), so I don't really know why. I suspect it has to do with the
changes, perhaps the new SQL and PHP versions used in the new
location? Any idea?

Pperhaps now we can also upgrade the Wiki, as PHP 5 is now available.

Re: BibDesk/Skim Wiki uneditable

Michael McCracken-2
Hi Christiaan, I'll take a look at it.
I saw that SF is now supporting MediaWiki as a hosted app - so they'd
do upgrades for us, etc.
I might look to see if there's an easy way to move over to that
without losing wiki data.

Thanks for the heads-up.
-mike

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 5:03 AM, Christiaan Hofman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> After the SF move, I'm unable to edit the Skim and BibDesk Wiki. I
> know near to nothing about the wiki an what it's based on (php and
> sql), so I don't really know why. I suspect it has to do with the
> changes, perhaps the new SQL and PHP versions used in the new
> location? Any idea?
>
> Pperhaps now we can also upgrade the Wiki, as PHP 5 is now available.
>
> Christiaan

Michael McCracken
UCSD CSE PhD Candidate
research: http://www.cse.ucsd.edu/~mmccrack/
misc: http://michael-mccracken.net/wp/

On 20 Sep 2008, at 7:49 AM, Michael McCracken wrote:

> Hi Christiaan, I'll take a look at it.
> I saw that SF is now supporting MediaWiki as a hosted app - so they'd
> do upgrades for us, etc.

Are you sure? I can only find wikispaces.

> I might look to see if there's an easy way to move over to that
> without losing wiki data.
>
> Thanks for the heads-up.
> -mike

Perhaps we can make the current wiki working again by changing mysql4-
s.sourceforge.net to mysql-s.sourceforge.net?

Christiaan

> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 5:03 AM, Christiaan Hofman
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> After the SF move, I'm unable to edit the Skim and BibDesk Wiki. I
>> know near to nothing about the wiki an what it's based on (php and
>> sql), so I don't really know why. I suspect it has to do with the
>> changes, perhaps the new SQL and PHP versions used in the new
>> location? Any idea?
>>
>> Pperhaps now we can also upgrade the Wiki, as PHP 5 is now available.
>>
>> Christiaan

Re: BibDesk/Skim Wiki uneditable

Maxwell, Adam R
On 09/23/08 08:19, "Christiaan Hofman" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 20 Sep 2008, at 7:49 AM, Michael McCracken wrote:
>
>> Hi Christiaan, I'll take a look at it.
>> I saw that SF is now supporting MediaWiki as a hosted app - so they'd
>> do upgrades for us, etc.
>
> Are you sure? I can only find wikispaces.

Yes, I saw it mentioned in an e-mail to project admins (and replied to your
original message, but my reply never showed up).  See

http://alexandria.wiki.sourceforge.net/Hosted%20App

Look under Admin->Hosted Apps in the new and hideous orange page header.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Christiaan Hofman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 20 Sep 2008, at 7:49 AM, Michael McCracken wrote:
>
>> Hi Christiaan, I'll take a look at it.
>> I saw that SF is now supporting MediaWiki as a hosted app - so they'd
>> do upgrades for us, etc.
>
> Are you sure? I can only find wikispaces.
>

>> I might look to see if there's an easy way to move over to that
>> without losing wiki data.
>>
>> Thanks for the heads-up.
>> -mike
>>

> Perhaps we can make the current wiki working again by changing mysql4-
> s.sourceforge.net to mysql-s.sourceforge.net?

I can't log in to test things (not sure why, might have to do with
trying from work).
However, I did take a look at the DB admin interface on SF.net, and it
claims that mysql4-s is still the right hostname (and mysql4-b for
bibdesk)...

I'll try again later.

I think it's probably a good idea to move over to the hosted
mediawiki, to avoid future maintenance issues. What do you all think?

-mike

On 24 Sep 2008, at 7:00 PM, Michael McCracken wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Christiaan Hofman <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>>
>> On 20 Sep 2008, at 7:49 AM, Michael McCracken wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Christiaan, I'll take a look at it.
>>> I saw that SF is now supporting MediaWiki as a hosted app - so
>>> they'd
>>> do upgrades for us, etc.
>>
>> Are you sure? I can only find wikispaces.
>>

>>> I might look to see if there's an easy way to move over to that
>>> without losing wiki data.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the heads-up.
>>> -mike
>>>

>> Perhaps we can make the current wiki working again by changing
>> mysql4-
>> s.sourceforge.net to mysql-s.sourceforge.net?
>
> I can't log in to test things (not sure why, might have to do with
> trying from work).

How did you try? Note that ssh isn't supported anymore, you can only
use sftp, scp, and rsync, and you should use USER,[hidden email]
.

> However, I did take a look at the DB admin interface on SF.net, and it
> claims that mysql4-s is still the right hostname (and mysql4-b for
> bibdesk)...

Maybe it's not yet updated? The (updated) docs on the sf wiki only
mention mysql-LETTER

> I'll try again later.
>
> I think it's probably a good idea to move over to the hosted
> mediawiki, to avoid future maintenance issues. What do you all think?
>
> -mike

If it can be moved over, I'd say it's better to do so.

BTW, I saw this about the problem we have:
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Errors_and_Symptoms#Sorry.21_We_could_not_process_your_edit_due_to_a_loss_of_session_data._Please_try_again._If_it_still_doesn.27t_work.2C_try_logging_out_and_logging_back_in.

Though I don't understand what they're talking about. Hope you do.

Christiaan