BibDesk for Mac problem

Gray, Wayne
Folks, here is a problem that I hope someone can help me with.

For some reason, I have lost the ability to search by “cite key.” Only last week, I was able to type all or the first part of the cite key I wanted into the BibDesk Mac search field and BibDesk would dutifully display all records with that cite key or with that partial cite key.

Now, when I type in the cite key, nothing is displayed. Literally, “nothing.” The “Any Field” option on the BibDesk window is selected (by default) but it contains no entries. Searching for just the author’s name works fine and is what I am doing now as a replacement. But it is not nearly as fast as typing in the citekey.

Note the search options displayed are “Any Field”, “Title”, “Person”, “Skim Notes”, and “File Content”.

Also note that I use several BibDesk libraries and searching for the cite key does not work on any of them.

I have BibDesk version 1.6.9 (4145) installed. Today I downloaded the latest version (which is still 1.6.9 v.4145) and reinstalled it. Same problems.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Wayne Gray

Re: BibDesk for Mac problem

Christiaan Hofman

On 7 Mar 2017, at 02:32, Gray, Wayne <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

BibDesk has never been able to search by cite key. All Fields searches the data fields, not the cite key. If you thought you were searching by cite key you were probably matching some pair of a field that happened to match part of the cite key.