Bibdesk and Google Scholar

hendrik.schmidt

Dear Wizards,

I am just not able to use Bibdesk with Google Scholar to import bibtex entries anymore, although it worked just fine like 3 weeks ago. I do not recall having made any changes. I am totally desperate and was not able to find any clues as how to tackle the problem:

Open Bibdesk, move to Google Scholar, sign on, checked box "Show links to import as bibtex“, fine
search for sthg. (screenshot)
Bibdesk tells me unable to read bibtex link

However, if I click on the link „import to bibtex“ directly in a single entry, it works fine. I just don’t see the list further down anymore where I was able to choose and import directly.

Bibdesk Version 1.6.6 (3917)

Please help! Any hints are more than welcome!
Thank you
Cheers
mark

FreeMail powered by mail.de - mehr Sicherheit, Seriosität und Komfort

shot.jpg (836K) Download Attachment

Re: Bibdesk and Google Scholar

Christiaan Hofman

> On Aug 16, 2016, at 21:20, [hidden email] wrote:
>

> Dear Wizards,
>
> I am just not able to use Bibdesk with Google Scholar to import bibtex entries anymore, although it worked just fine like 3 weeks ago. I do not recall having made any changes. I am totally desperate and was not able to find any clues as how to tackle the problem:
>
> Open Bibdesk, move to Google Scholar, sign on, checked box "Show links to import as bibtex“, fine
> search for sthg. (screenshot)
> Bibdesk tells me unable to read bibtex link
>
> However, if I click on the link „import to bibtex“ directly in a single entry, it works fine. I just don’t see the list further down anymore where I was able to choose and import directly.
>
> Bibdesk Version 1.6.6 (3917)
>
> Please help! Any hints are more than welcome!
> Thank you
> Cheers
> mark

GS has changed their website’s format. We already updated our code in the recent nightly builds. See the bug reports.