Quantcast

Dois with < or > characters

George Nurser
Hi,
I'm having a problem with dois that include < or > characters.
If I just put them in raw they get printed as ?; if I surround them by $ signs obviously the doi in the Bibdesk can't be copied directly onto the doi site.

Is there a more elegant way of ensuring the doi gets printed out correctly rather than having to use math mode? Simple {} don't work.

Regards, George Nurser.

Re: Dois with < or > characters

Christiaan Hofman

On 14 Feb 2017, at 17:17, George Nurser <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
I'm having a problem with dois that include < or > characters.
If I just put them in raw they get printed as ?; if I surround them by $ signs obviously the doi in the Bibdesk can't be copied directly onto the doi site.

Is there a more elegant way of ensuring the doi gets printed out correctly rather than having to use math mode? Simple {} don't work.

Regards, George Nurser.

What do you mean by printed? Where and how?

Re: Dois with < or > characters

George Nurser
Christiaan,

I mean the TeX Preview and rich text reference output options available after right clicking on the article in the Bibdesk .bib window. I have set Tex Preview to use the BibTeX style agufull08; so perhaps I need to somehow modify the FUNCTION {format.doi} in agufull08.bst to escape the > and <. Not sure how to do that.

Regards, George

On 17 Feb 2017, at 10:31, George Nurser <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Christiaan

This is more a bibtex question. Perhaps you may treat the DOI as a url, and use a \url command around it, with the appropriate package used.