Quantcast

Dragging reference to keywords in the nightly build

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Dragging reference to keywords in the nightly build

Di Xiao
Hi,

I recently downloaded the nightly build on 8/16.  Previously I can drag a reference from the main window to the keyword folder on the left to assign keywords.  Now this function is gone.  Upon re-launch, the first time I tried to drag a reference, a \cite bubble will show up.  If I drag the reference to one of the keyword folder, the bubble will disappear and will not reappear if I try to drag again.  I'm using OS X 10.10.5.  Can we get the old behavior back? It is much more convenient to organize references.

Thanks,

Di

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Bibdesk-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bibdesk-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dragging reference to keywords in the nightly build

Christiaan Hofman

On Aug 18, 2015, at 16:18, Di Xiao <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I recently downloaded the nightly build on 8/16.  Previously I can drag a reference from the main window to the keyword folder on the left to assign keywords.  Now this function is gone.  Upon re-launch, the first time I tried to drag a reference, a \cite bubble will show up.  If I drag the reference to one of the keyword folder, the bubble will disappear and will not reappear if I try to drag again.  I'm using OS X 10.10.5.  Can we get the old behavior back? It is much more convenient to organize references.

Thanks,

Di

We haven’t changed anything in the drag/drop behavior on the field groups. So it should still behave the same as it did.

Christiaan


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Bibdesk-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bibdesk-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dragging reference to keywords in the nightly build

Di Xiao


On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Christiaan Hofman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Aug 18, 2015, at 16:18, Di Xiao <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I recently downloaded the nightly build on 8/16.  Previously I can drag a reference from the main window to the keyword folder on the left to assign keywords.  Now this function is gone.  Upon re-launch, the first time I tried to drag a reference, a \cite bubble will show up.  If I drag the reference to one of the keyword folder, the bubble will disappear and will not reappear if I try to drag again.  I'm using OS X 10.10.5.  Can we get the old behavior back? It is much more convenient to organize references.

Thanks,

Di

We haven’t changed anything in the drag/drop behavior on the field groups. So it should still behave the same as it did.

Christiaan



I tested again using BibDesk 1.6.4 on the same system.  I can drag reference to the field groups with 1.6.4, and cannot use the nightly build.

Di 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Bibdesk-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bibdesk-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dragging reference to keywords in the nightly build

Christiaan Hofman

On Aug 19, 2015, at 2:05, Di Xiao <[hidden email]> wrote:



On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Christiaan Hofman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Aug 18, 2015, at 16:18, Di Xiao <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I recently downloaded the nightly build on 8/16.  Previously I can drag a reference from the main window to the keyword folder on the left to assign keywords.  Now this function is gone.  Upon re-launch, the first time I tried to drag a reference, a \cite bubble will show up.  If I drag the reference to one of the keyword folder, the bubble will disappear and will not reappear if I try to drag again.  I'm using OS X 10.10.5.  Can we get the old behavior back? It is much more convenient to organize references.

Thanks,

Di

We haven’t changed anything in the drag/drop behavior on the field groups. So it should still behave the same as it did.

Christiaan



I tested again using BibDesk 1.6.4 on the same system.  I can drag reference to the field groups with 1.6.4, and cannot use the nightly build.

Di 

Sorry, you’re right, there’s a stupid bug in there. It will be fixed in the next nightly build. Thanks for noting and reporting.

Christiaan


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Bibdesk-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bibdesk-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Dragging reference to keywords in the nightly build

Di Xiao

Sorry, you’re right, there’s a stupid bug in there. It will be fixed in the next nightly build. Thanks for noting and reporting.

Christiaan


Christiaan,

Thanks.  However, the nightly build has been down for two days. I haven't got a chance to test it.

Di

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Bibdesk-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bibdesk-users
Loading...