Fields in edit window and when exporting in bibtex format.

Fields in edit window and when exporting in bibtex format.

Jutta Wrage
Hi!

1. I want so see more fields in the edit window.
If I import an entry for a new book, and ther eis a comment entry, I can see it.
But if I want to add a book manually or change an existing one which has no comment when importing it, I cannot see that fiend and add information.

How can I control the fields in the edit mask? I did not find that in help and manuals.

2. Another problem I have no figured out:
If I have fields I do not want to be imported by Lyx how can I create a new Library before without those entries (ISBN for example)? For now I export the needed books into a new library and edit every entry manually before using it with Lyx.

Jutta

--
http://www.witch.westfalen.de

Re: Fields in edit window and when exporting in bibtex format.

Jan Jakob Bornheim

http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/manual/BibDeskHelp_71.html

> 2. Another problem I have no figured out:
> If I have fields I do not want to be imported by Lyx how can I create a new Library before without those entries (ISBN for example)? For now I export the needed books into a new library and edit every entry manually before using it with Lyx.
>
> Jutta

There might be smarter ways for #2, but one way would be to create a new library with those entries,then do a database find and replace (Menu Edit-Find-Database Find and Replace), select “Overwrite” as the operation, and then set all ISBN entries to an empty string. Repeat for other fields.

Cheers,
Jan Jakob

Re: Fields in edit window and when exporting in bibtex format.

gweltaz
* Skriv a reas Jan Jakob Bornheim ([hidden email]):

  |>  > On 30 Nov, 2014, at 23:43, Jutta Wrage <[hidden email]> wrote:
  |>  > 2. Another problem I have no figured out:
  |>  > If I have fields I do not want to be imported by Lyx how can I create a new Library before without those entries (ISBN for example)? For now I export the needed books into a new library and edit every entry manually before using it with Lyx.
  |>  >
  |>  > Jutta
  |>
  |>  There might be smarter ways for #2, but one way would be to create a new library with those entries,then do a database find and replace (Menu Edit-Find-Database Find and Replace), select “Overwrite” as the operation, and then set all ISBN entries to an empty string. Repeat for other fields.

 I don't use Lyx so the following is only a suggestion. I use biblatex (and biber)---a variant of biblatex actually, biblatex-chicago--- to control what I want to see in references. As you can see, isbn is set to "false" in the example below. With this solution, there is no need to trim the bib files themselves.

 %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
 \usepackage[indexing=cite,%
         compresspages,%
         sorting=nyt,%
         isbn=false,%
         firstinits,%
         url=false,%
         useprefix=true,%
         short,%
         notes]%
             {biblatex-chicago}

%% bibliographical databases
\addbibresource{history.bib}
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
--Gildas

Re: Fields in edit window and when exporting in bibtex format.

Jutta Wrage
Thanks for all your help in this list!

Am 01.12.2014 um 04:29 schrieb Gildas Hamel:

> I don't use Lyx so the following is only a suggestion. I use biblatex (and biber)---a variant of biblatex actually, biblatex-chicago--- to control what I want to see in references. As you can see, isbn is set to "false" in the example below. With this solution, there is no need to trim the bib files themselves.
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> \usepackage[indexing=cite,%
>         compresspages,%
>         sorting=nyt,%
>         isbn=false,%
>         firstinits,%
>         url=false,%
>         useprefix=true,%
>         short,%
>         notes]%
>             {biblatex-chicago}
>
> %% bibliographical databases
> \addbibresource{history.bib}
I have this in my latex code generated by Lyx:
 \usepackage[authoryear]{natbib}
at the end of the document:

\subsection{Literatur}

\bibliographystyle{/usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/bibtex/bst/din1505/natdin.bst}
\phantomsection\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{\refname}\nocite{*}
\bibliography{mybibfile.bib }

Maybe I need to add something to the natdin.cfg ... Not sure about that. Still trying to discover things. I guess, it would be better not to use Lyx but I like the WYSiWYG editing.

Jutta

--
http://www.witch.westfalen.de

Re: Fields in edit window and when exporting in bibtex format.

Maxwell, Adam R-2

On Dec 1, 2014, at 17:46, Jutta Wrage <[hidden email]>
 wrote:

> \bibliographystyle{/usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/bibtex/bst/din1505/natdin.bst}
> \phantomsection\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{\refname}\nocite{*}
> \bibliography{mybibfile.bib }
>
> Maybe I need to add something to the natdin.cfg ... Not sure about that. Still trying to discover things. I guess, it would be better not to use Lyx but I like the WYSiWYG editing.

You could use a .bst that doesn't print the fields you don't want (or duplicate natdin.bst to mynatdin.bst and modify it). That's the correct way to solve the problem, in my opinion, but hacking .bst files isn't for everyone.

A more clumsy workaround is to export as "Minimal BibTeX" from BibDesk.

http://bibdesk-users.661331.n2.nabble.com/using-export-templates-for-bibtex-td5463075.html

I guess this uses templates now, so you can modify it to add other fields, too. It used to be just the required & optional fields as defined in btxdoc, IIRC.

Adam

Re: Fields in edit window and when exporting in bibtex format.

Christiaan Hofman

wrote:

[...]

The minimal BibTeX option doesn't use templates, it's still just including required & optional fields. Note that you can customize those in the Advanced section of the Fields preferences.