IDS field?

david craig

Google tells me biblatex supports the IDS field, which effectively lets you specify multiple cite keys for the same bib entry.

Is there a way to do this in bibtex with BibDesk, or is the only option to duplicate the bib entry for each alternate cite key?

Thanks,
David

PS. I’m on the digest, so a cc directly to me would be appreciated.

Re: IDS field?

Adam R. Maxwell

> On Dec 30, 2016, at 22:17 , David Craig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Google tells me biblatex supports the IDS field, which effectively lets you specify multiple cite keys for the same bib entry.
>
> Is there a way to do this in bibtex with BibDesk, or is the only option to duplicate the bib entry for each alternate cite key?

You can add a separate field called IDS, if that's what you need; it won't be treated as a cite key, though. The help book should cover adding default fields pretty well.

-- adam

Re: IDS field?

david craig
Thanks, Adam.   I can add default fields without a problem.   Just wondering whether there's a way to engineer this in bibtex like you can in biblatex.

Thanks,
David Craig

<http://web.lemoyne.edu>

> On Dec 31, 2016, at 1:54 PM, Adam R. Maxwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 30, 2016, at 22:17 , David Craig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Google tells me biblatex supports the IDS field, which effectively lets you specify multiple cite keys for the same bib entry.
>>
>> Is there a way to do this in bibtex with BibDesk, or is the only option to duplicate the bib entry for each alternate cite key?
>
> You can add a separate field called IDS, if that's what you need; it won't be treated as a cite key, though. The help book should cover adding default fields pretty well.
>
> -- adam

Re: IDS field?

Adam R. Maxwell

> On Dec 31, 2016, at 12:42 , David Craig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Adam.   I can add default fields without a problem.   Just wondering whether there's a way to engineer this in bibtex like you can in biblatex.

Not as far as I know. I'm not sure why you'd want to do that, though, unless your editor doesn't support autocompletion.

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.text.tex/2006-02/msg01379.html

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.text.tex/2006-02/msg01442.html

-- adam

Re: IDS field?

david craig
Adam-
I won't bore you with details, but it boils down to a one-word answer: collaborators.

David

On Dec 31, 2016, at 4:52 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

>> On Dec 31, 2016, at 12:42 , David Craig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, Adam.   I can add default fields without a problem.   Just wondering whether there's a way to engineer this in bibtex like you can in biblatex.
>
> Not as far as I know. I'm not sure why you'd want to do that, though, unless your editor doesn't support autocompletion.
>
> http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.text.tex/2006-02/msg01379.html
> http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.text.tex/2006-02/msg01442.html
>

> -- adam

David Craig