Independent copies of bibdesk

pdolan39
Hello all,
I'm wondering whether it is possible to have to wholly independent copies of bibdesk on the same operating system. I'm exploring the use of bibdesk to hold non-traditional kinds of data (e.g., photo information, etc.) and I want to manipulate the types and fields that are present without altering those available in my standard copy of bibdesk or my *.bib reference file. Simply duplicating the program doesn't appear to work; both copies are affected by changes made in one. If anyone could provide some insight into this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Patrick