Quantcast

Problem with linked Pdf files

Enrico Pirani

Hello,

When I export a bibliography I cannot open the associated PDf file in when I open it in another reference manager (Jabref). This is a sample of the *.bib file.

 @article{anderson2004neural,
    Author = {Anderson, Michael C and Ochsner, Kevin N and Kuhl, Brice and Cooper, Jeffrey and Robertson, Elaine and Gabrieli, Susan W and Glover, Gary H and Gabrieli, John DE},
    Date-Added = {2014-09-30 17:43:43 +0000},
    Date-Modified = {2014-09-30 17:43:43 +0000},
    Journal = {Science},
    Number = {5655},
    Pages = {232--235},
    Publisher = {American Association for the Advancement of Science},
    Title = {Neural systems underlying the suppression of unwanted memories},
    Volume = {303},
    Year = {2004},
    Bdsk-File-1 = {YnBsaXN0MDDUAQIDBAUGJCVYJHZlcnNpb25YJG9iamVjdHNZJGFyY2hpdmVyVCR0b3ASAAGGoKgHCBMUFRYaIVUkbnVsbNMJCgsMDxJXTlMua2V5c1pOUy5vYmplY3RzViRjbGFzc6INDoACgAOiEBGABIAFgAdccmVsYXRpdmVQYXRoWWFsaWFzRGF0YV8QH1NjaWVuY2UtMjAwNC1BbmRlcnNvbi0yMzItNS5wZGbSFwsYGVdOUy5kYXRhTxEB+AAAAAAB+AACAAAMTWFjaW50b3NoIEhEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAyrWpOEgrAAACdMXDH1NjaWVuY2UtMjAwNC1BbmRlcnNvbi0yMzItNS5wZGYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ1cy3QULj4AAAAAAAAAAAAAQACAAAJIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBNZWRpY2luYV9VcmdlbnplABAACAAAyrWNGAAAABEACAAA0FCc2AAAAAEAEAJ0xcMBFn9zAAUewAAAwCMAAgBcTWFjaW50b3NoIEhEOlVzZXJzOgBlbnJpY29waXJhbmk6AERyb3Bib3g6AE1lZGljaW5hX1VyZ2VuemU6AFNjaWVuY2UtMjAwNC1BbmRlcnNvbi0yMzItNS5wZGYADgBAAB8AUwBjAGkAZQBuAGMAZQAtADIAMAAwADQALQBBAG4AZABlAHIAcwBvAG4ALQAyADMAMgAtADUALgBwAGQAZgAPABoADABNAGEAYwBpAG4AdABvAHMAaAAgAEgARAASAEtVc2Vycy9lbnJpY29waXJhbmkvRHJvcGJveC9NZWRpY2luYV9VcmdlbnplL1NjaWVuY2UtMjAwNC1BbmRlcnNvbi0yMzItNS5wZGYAABMAAS8AABUAAgAT//8AAIAG0hscHR5aJGNsYXNzbmFtZVgkY2xhc3Nlc11OU011dGFibGVEYXRhox0fIFZOU0RhdGFYTlNPYmplY3TSGxwiI1xOU0RpY3Rpb25hcnmiIiBfEA9OU0tleWVkQXJjaGl2ZXLRJidUcm9vdIABAAgAEQAaACMALQAyADcAQABGAE0AVQBgAGcAagBsAG4AcQBzAHUAdwCEAI4AsAC1AL0CuQK7AsACywLUAuIC5gLtAvYC+wMIAwsDHQMgAyUAAAAAAAACAQAAAAAAAAAoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADJw==}}

@article{aron2007neural,
    Author = {Aron, Adam R},
    Date-Added = {2014-09-30 17:35:27 +0000},
    Date-Modified = {2014-09-30 21:23:26 +0000},
    Journal = {The neuroscientist},
    Number = {3},
    Pages = {214--228},
    Publisher = {SAGE Publications},
    Read = {1},
    Title = {The neural basis of inhibition in cognitive control},
    Volume = {13},
    Year = {2007},
    Bdsk-File-1 = {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}}

Is this normal ? Actually there is no link-file associated.

Re: Problem with linked Pdf files

Maxwell, Adam R-2

On Sep 30, 2014, at 15:39, Enrico Pirani <[hidden email]>
 wrote:

> When I export a bibliography I cannot open the associated PDf file in when I open it in another reference manager (Jabref). This is a sample of the *.bib file.

The linked files are stored as aliases in Bdsk-File-n fields:

http://sourceforge.net/p/bibdesk/wiki/FAQ/#what-are-all-these-bdsk-file-and-bdsk-url-fields-that-appear-in-my-bibtex-file

If you do a web search on "BibDesk local-url" you'll find
various ideas for dealing with these in a different way.

http://bibdesk-users.661331.n2.nabble.com/Local-Url-field-td6999131.html

hth,
Adam

Re: Problem with linked Pdf files