Question about languages in Bibdesk

Pierre Léna
I use Bibdesk without problems in its (partially) French version, but I have noticed some discrepancies in language (technical terms for bibliographical use), which would make easier for me to work with the English version. I cannot find any Preference which allows to switch languages, and there is only one file to download, without language specification. How can one select the user language ?

With thanks

Pierre Léna

[hidden email]

.

Re: Question about languages in Bibdesk

David Becher
I guess what you could to is go to your /Applications folder, search for the BibDesk.app, then do a right-click, select "Show package contents". Now within the package contents, go to Contents/Resources/. Inside, there is a French.lproj folder. Just rename it to something other, so that Bibdesk won't find it on startup. This should make it default to English!

All the best,
David

On Oct 14, 2015, at 14:40, Pierre Léna <[hidden email]> wrote:

I use Bibdesk without problems in its (partially) French version, but I have noticed some discrepancies in language (technical terms for bibliographical use), which would make easier for me to work with the English version. I cannot find any Preference which allows to switch languages, and there is only one file to download, without language specification. How can one select the user language ?

With thanks

Pierre Léna
.

The language is automatically selected based on your language preferences. There is no public way to select the language on an app basis in Cocoa apps.

That said, if you must, you can override the system language preferences through a hidden preference on the command line, by typing the following command in Terminal.app (while BibDesk is not running):

defaults write -app BibDesk AppleLanguages -array English

BTW, what are the terms you have problems with? Perhaps I can pass that on to our translator.

Re: Question about languages in Bibdesk

Pierre Léna
Dear Christiaan,
Thanks a lot for your suggestion, avoiding the first proposed one. This is working perfectly. I will keep noting the terms which in french do not quite fit, and will send them to you for suggested improvements.

with regards

Pierre Léna

[hidden email]

.