QuickLook

Jan David Hauck
Hello,
I recently noticed that the "quicklook" shortcut (cmd+Y) opens the quicklook window, but I can't seem to find a way to close it again except for clicking on the x in the upper left corner  (not even Escape closes it). Hitting cmd+Y reopens the window.  Is that intended and/or a way around it to close?
(I'm on 10.9.5 running BibDesk 1.6.3)
Thanks,
Jan

Re: QuickLook

Christiaan Hofman

On Feb 12, 2015, at 19:17, Jan David Hauck wrote:

Hello,
I recently noticed that the "quicklook" shortcut (cmd+Y) opens the quicklook window, but I can't seem to find a way to close it again except for clicking on the x in the upper left corner  (not even Escape closes it). Hitting cmd+Y reopens the window.  Is that intended and/or a way around it to close?
(I'm on 10.9.5 running BibDesk 1.6.3)
Thanks,
Jan

I actually just recently changed that in the recent nightlies. There you can close it by hitting Cmd-Y.

Re: QuickLook

Christiaan Hofman

On Feb 12, 2015, at 22:40, Christiaan Hofman wrote:

On Feb 12, 2015, at 19:17, Jan David Hauck wrote:

Hello,
I recently noticed that the "quicklook" shortcut (cmd+Y) opens the quicklook window, but I can't seem to find a way to close it again except for clicking on the x in the upper left corner  (not even Escape closes it). Hitting cmd+Y reopens the window.  Is that intended and/or a way around it to close?
(I'm on 10.9.5 running BibDesk 1.6.3)
Thanks,
Jan

I actually just recently changed that in the recent nightlies. There you can close it by hitting Cmd-Y.

Christiaan

BTW, escape does work. However, it won't work when the quick look window is not key (which somehow it doesn't always is automatically), so you may have to click in the window first.