Re: [Skim-app-users] Skim 1.4.15

Christiaan Hofman
I would not recommend that. Especially if you;re on 10.11, there are some important bug fixes. For one, you won’t be able to know when there’s a new release.

If you use this feature a lot, perhaps it is best to temporarily use the hidden preference for auto reload. See the Wiki for details.

Christiaan

On Nov 4, 2015, at 6:29, Claus Atzenbeck <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks, Christiaan. As I'm using the auto-update feature quite frequently, I am considering downgrading. Is it worth doing so or will there be an update any time soon?

Thanks,
Claus

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 at 11:01pm +0100, Christiaan Hofman wrote:

Sorry about that. I’ll have this fixed n the next release.

Christiaan

On Nov 3, 2015, at 19:34, José Miguel Figueroa-O'Farrill <[hidden email]> wrote:

I also see this behaviour on OS X 10.11.1 (15B42) on an ageing late 2009 iMac.

Cheers,
José

On 3 Nov 2015, at 18:24, Claus Atzenbeck <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks for the update, Christiaan. I've encountered a problem with the
new version:

On PDF updates, the "auto" update button is missing at the dialogue
window. (That is the dialogue window that appears for an open PDF
document after the PDF has been updated, e.g. with LaTeX.)

Best,
Claus

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 at 11:39am +0100, Christiaan Hofman wrote:

A new version of Skim is available for download at <http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/ <http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/>> or using the built-in updater.

Important Note: If you are running Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, you may have to download this version from the website, as the built-in updater from the previous release is blocked on that OS.

Thanks to those of you who submitted reproducible bug reports and comments along with the exception reports; as always, please continue to submit bug reports at <http://sourceforge.net/p/skim-app/_list/tickets <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=192583>>.

For those interested in what is fixed, release notes follow.

Changes since 1.4.14:

Bugs Fixed
*  Workaround for bug in searching strings in some PDFs.
*  Workaround for 10.11 bug when copying PDF.
*  Search for dvi conversion command in new TeX location on 10.11.
*  Fix size of toolbar controls.
*  Allow updater to work on 10.11.