Reveal linked files in Finder

Jan David Hauck
Hello,

I recently came across an issue with the shortcut for reveal linked files in finder (shift+cmd+R).
It works in the main window for selected publications, but not when editing a publication/the info window.  Clicking the Menu bar item also doesn't work, the only way is via right-click and the context menu on the attached file.
I don't know what behavior is intended here, but it'd be nice to be able to have a shortcut work from the info window too.
If anyone could point me into a direction how to achieve that I'd be very appreciative.

Jan

Re: Reveal linked files in Finder

Jan Jakob Bornheim

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 8:03 PM, Jan David Hauck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I recently came across an issue with the shortcut for reveal linked files in finder (shift+cmd+R).
It works in the main window for selected publications, but not when editing a publication/the info window.  Clicking the Menu bar item also doesn't work, the only way is via right-click and the context menu on the attached file.
I don't know what behavior is intended here, but it'd be nice to be able to have a shortcut work from the info window too.
If anyone could point me into a direction how to achieve that I'd be very appreciative.

Jan

Hmm, I don't have shift+cmd+R associated with the "Reveal Linked Files" command. Did you set that through the Keyboard System Settings or is that a quirk on my end?

But to answer your question in the only way I can: Applescript!

You could save a script like the following in the BibDesk scripts folder and assign shift+cmd+R to that script using the Keyboard System Settings:

tell document 1 of application "BibDesk"

try

tell application "BibDesk" to set thePub to publication of window 1

get linked files of thePub

on error

set thePub to item 1 of (get selection)

end try

set theLinkedFiles to linked files of thePub

repeat with theLinkedFile in theLinkedFiles

try

tell application "Finder" to reveal theLinkedFile

end try

end repeat

end tell

Cheers,

JJ

On May 1, 2015, at 20:03, Jan David Hauck wrote:

Hello,

I recently came across an issue with the shortcut for reveal linked files in finder (shift+cmd+R).
It works in the main window for selected publications, but not when editing a publication/the info window.  Clicking the Menu bar item also doesn't work, the only way is via right-click and the context menu on the attached file.
I don't know what behavior is intended here, but it'd be nice to be able to have a shortcut work from the info window too.
If anyone could point me into a direction how to achieve that I'd be very appreciative.

Jan

You're right, that seems to be broken. It's fixed in tomorrow's nightly build (or the next release).