Quantcast

Sorting publications when exporting

Thierry Masson
Hello,

I would like to understand how BibDesk sorts the publications when it exports the database.
Is there a way to force BibDesk to sort using a specific field?
I would like to sort according to the cite key when exporting in HTML.

Thanks in advance
Thierry

Re: Sorting publications when exporting

Maxwell, Adam R-2

On Mar 12, 2015, at 15:14, Thierry Masson <[hidden email]>
 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to understand how BibDesk sorts the publications when it exports the database.
> Is there a way to force BibDesk to sort using a specific field?
> I would like to sort according to the cite key when exporting in HTML.

Not sure about HTML specifically, but if you check "Only export selected items" box in the export dialog, it should export selected items in their current selected order.

-- adam

Re: Sorting publications when exporting

Thierry Masson
Thanks Adam, it works perfectly.

If there is a way to do that in a template, I would appreciate. But for now, this solution saves my day.

Thierry

On Mar 12, 2015, at 15:14, Thierry Masson <rhomunulist@...>
 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to understand how BibDesk sorts the publications when it exports the database.
> Is there a way to force BibDesk to sort using a specific field?
> I would like to sort according to the cite key when exporting in HTML.

Not sure about HTML specifically, but if you check "Only export selected items" box in the export dialog, it should export selected items in their current selected order.

-- adam

Re: Sorting publications when exporting

Jan Jakob Bornheim
There is a definite trend in my contributions to this mailing list: AppleScript!

The following script would copy all publications formatted with the Default HTML Template to the clipboard, sorted by cite key.

tell document 1 of application "BibDesk"
set thePubs to sort (get publications) by "Cite key"
set theHTML to templated text using "Default HTML template" for thePubs
set the clipboard to theHTML
end tell

I suppose it could be adjusted as needed.

From: Thierry
Date: Friday 13 March 2015 12:12
To: <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Bibdesk-users] Sorting publications when exporting

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The Go Parallel Website, sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/_______________________________________________ Bibdesk-users mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bibdesk-users