Strange Quicklook Appearance

David Becher
Hello,

I just hit cmd-Y and, as supposed, the Quicklook view opened up. However, it appearance is different from the regular Quicklook appearance which presents itself when I use Quicklook in Finder.app.

A screenshot may be found here:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img905/628/W9KYNn.png

I am sure that it has not always looked that way and in addition to that it does not seem to render smoothly in every case.
So my question: is this a side effect from another application or has this been introduced by BibDesk itself? Can I opt out for the "regular" Quicklook?

All the best,
David

Re: Strange Quicklook Appearance

Christiaan Hofman

On Oct 4, 2015, at 7:59, David Becher <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I just hit cmd-Y and, as supposed, the Quicklook view opened up. However, it appearance is different from the regular Quicklook appearance which presents itself when I use Quicklook in Finder.app.

A screenshot may be found here:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img905/628/W9KYNn.png

I am sure that it has not always looked that way and in addition to that it does not seem to render smoothly in every case.
So my question: is this a side effect from another application or has this been introduced by BibDesk itself? Can I opt out for the "regular" Quicklook?

All the best,
David

You must have an older system, like 10.6? On older system BibDesk uses a custom quickly panel for many document types, because the standard one does not allow a lot of interaction (such as text selection) and does not support certain types (such as remote URLs). That has always been the case, at least for PDFs, so you must remember wrongly. Maybe you remember for some other document type. On newer systems we use the system QuickLook panel, because it does support all these things.

Re: Strange Quicklook Appearance

David Becher
Actually I am running Yosemite, so that is not the problem. I do remember that yesterday everything worked fine. That is the reason I don't understand what might be broken there.

Do you have any more suggestions regarding what is might causing this behavior?

> On 04 Oct 2015, at 10:30, Christiaan Hofman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 4, 2015, at 7:59, David Becher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just hit cmd-Y and, as supposed, the Quicklook view opened up. However, it appearance is different from the regular Quicklook appearance which presents itself when I use Quicklook in Finder.app.
>>
>> A screenshot may be found here:
>> http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img905/628/W9KYNn.png
>>
>> I am sure that it has not always looked that way and in addition to that it does not seem to render smoothly in every case.
>> So my question: is this a side effect from another application or has this been introduced by BibDesk itself? Can I opt out for the "regular" Quicklook?
>>
>> All the best,
>> David
>
> You must have an older system, like 10.6? On older system BibDesk uses a custom quickly panel for many document types, because the standard one does not allow a lot of interaction (such as text selection) and does not support certain types (such as remote URLs). That has always been the case, at least for PDFs, so you must remember wrongly. Maybe you remember for some other document type. On newer systems we use the system QuickLook panel, because it does support all these things.
>
> Christiaan

Re: Strange Quicklook Appearance

David Becher
I just checked and noticed, that I had version 1.6.3 installed and now updated to 1.6.4 and magically the Application now uses the system QL. However, I would think that even on 1.6.3 it should not have been the wrong QL tool, right?

Anyway, I am glad it is back to normal now.

Thanks a lot!