TeX Preview fails

Vokey, John
BiBDeskers,
 I think this failure to generate TeX previews of refs has something to do with updating recently to el captitan.  I vaguely remember that the locations of the TeX programs have moved.  Currently, the defaults for the paths to pdflatex and bibtex are /usr/texbin/pdflatex and /usr/texbin/bibtex  Are these correct?  If so, any other reason why TeX preview would fail?

See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

-Dr. John R. Vokey

Re: TeX Preview fails

gweltaz
* Skriv a reas Vokey, John ([hidden email]):
  |>  BiBDeskers,
  |>   I think this failure to generate TeX previews of refs has something to do with updating recently to el captitan.  I vaguely remember that the locations of the TeX programs have moved.  Currently, the defaults for the paths to pdflatex and bibtex are /usr/texbin/pdflatex and /usr/texbin/bibtex  Are these correct?  If so, any other reason why TeX preview would fail?

Change full path to pdflatex: /Library/TeX/texbin/pdflatex (or
whatever program)
and full path to bibtex: /Library/TeX/texbin/bibtex (biber in my
case).
--Gildas

  |>  Bibdesk-users mailing list
  |>  [hidden email]
  |>  https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bibdesk-users

Re: TeX Preview fails

Maxwell, Adam R-2

> On Oct 14, 2015, at 11:20, Vokey, John <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> BiBDeskers,
> I think this failure to generate TeX previews of refs has something to do with updating recently to el captitan.  I vaguely remember that the locations of the TeX programs have moved.

If you use MacTeX 2015, there’s a different symlink. See

http://tug.org/mactex/elcapitan.html

http://tug.org/mactex/UpdatingForElCapitan.pdf

> Currently, the defaults for the paths to pdflatex and bibtex are /usr/texbin/pdflatex and /usr/texbin/bibtex  Are these correct?

They will no longer work on El Capitan.

> If so, any other reason why TeX preview would fail?

Yes, many reasons :). Without log info or any specific
information on your problem, it’s impossible to say.

—-
adam

Re: TeX Preview fails

Vokey, John