Template with Annotations and links question

Template with Annotations and links question

Marc Brouard
Hi,

Been using Bibdesk for a while now and been very impressed with the feature set and quality of the software. I have just started to write my own export template to extract references in a format that I can us in a Wiki. I would like to include the reference information and a list of annotations from the attachments (annotated with skim). I have got this all working and I am very pleased with the results. But I would like to include a link at the end of each annotation that launches Skim and positions the article to the correct page for the annotation.

The problem that I am having is that I need the name of the attachment, but the code is in the context of the annotation. I can not figure out a way of getting the attachment name. An example of this is:

<$localFiles?>
<$localFiles>
<$path.lastPathComponent.stringByDeletingPathExtension/>
<$scriptingSkimNotes?>
<$scriptingSkimNotes>
<$type=Highlight?>
<$contents/> [skimx://<$path.lastPathComponent.stringByDeletingPathExtension/>#<$pageIndex/> p. <$pageIndex/>]

</$type?>
</$scriptingSkimNotes>
</$scriptingSkimNotes?>
</$localFiles>
</$localFiles?>

The code on the third line returns the name of the attachment, but code on the 7th line does not, because it is in the context of the scriptingSkimNotes. So my question is, is it possible to get the attachment name whilst in the context of the scriptingSkimNotes or perhaps save the attachment name in a variable, that I can access?

I may be asking too much of the export process and therefore may need to use an Applescript instead. I have searched through the wiki and this mail list for the answer but have not found anything. If someone could let me know if this is possible that would be great.

Thank you
Marc

Re: Template with Annotations and links question

Christiaan Hofman

On May 29, 2014, at 11:32, Marc Brouard wrote:

[...]

Sorry, that is not possible. (Also, the link would never work, as there is no skimx scheme defined and moreover the lonk would not contain sufficient information.)

On 29 May 2014 at 10:47:53, Christiaan Hofman ([hidden email]) wrote:

[...]

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me. The skimx launches an applescript which calls ruby code that knows where all my papers are stored, it just needs the name of the attachment and the page number passed to it. Sorry I should of mentioned that.

I will have to work on using an applescript then to do what I want. Thank you again for the quick reply and also thank you for such a great piece of software

regards

Marc