Quantcast

closing open dialog box

Peter Johnston
Hello,

    If I remember correctly, in past versions of BidDesk, the "Open" dialog box disappeared once a bib file had been selected. This appears to no longer be the case (and hasn't been the case for some time). Has something changed? Have I missed something? My default action on starting BibDesk is to display the "Open" dialog box. Does this create this behaviour? I sort of find this behaviour annoying since most other applications close  the "Open" dialog box once a file has been selected to open.

    Any insights would be much appreciated.

    Thanks very much,

        Peter.

Assoc. Prof. Peter Johnston
Associate Professor in Applied Mathematics          Phone (07) 3735 7748
Head of Applied Mathematics		            Fax   (07) 3735 7773
School of Natural Sciences
Griffith University
Nathan
Queensland 4111
AUSTRALIA

Re: closing open dialog box

Christiaan Hofman

On Jun 30, 2016, at 9:19, Peter Johnston <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

    If I remember correctly, in past versions of BidDesk, the "Open" dialog box disappeared once a bib file had been selected. This appears to no longer be the case (and hasn't been the case for some time). Has something changed? Have I missed something? My default action on starting BibDesk is to display the "Open" dialog box. Does this create this behaviour? I sort of find this behaviour annoying since most other applications close  the "Open" dialog box once a file has been selected to open.

    Any insights would be much appreciated.

    Thanks very much,

        Peter.

I don’t know what you mean. We use a standard system Open dialog, which is handled by the system code, and therefore behaves in a purely standard way. And for me just closes as it should when I click the Open button.

Re: closing open dialog box

Christiaan Hofman

On Jun 30, 2016, at 11:20, Christiaan Hofman <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Christiaan

I see now where it happens, it only happens when you choose the Open dialog option. The problem is not that the dialog does not close, but that two dialogs are opened in succession. Apparently the system sends us the message to start up twice, that’s a system bug, we’ll have to report tat to Apple and try to find a workaround.

Re: closing open dialog box

Christiaan Hofman

On Jun 30, 2016, at 11:43, Christiaan Hofman <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

This will be fixed in tomorrow’s nightly.