custom BibTeX Types and Fields

gweltaz
I tried to edit my custom fields a few times today and couldn't get to the Advanced panel. I got the spin ball everytime and had to force quit BibDesk. I append picture. I'm on BibDesk 1.6.3 (3363). What should I do?
--Gildas

2014-11-17_BibDesk.png (702K) Download Attachment

Re: custom BibTeX Types and Fields

gweltaz
* Skriv a reas Gildas Hamel ([hidden email]):
  |>  I tried to edit my custom fields a few times today and couldn't get to the Advanced panel. I got the spin ball everytime and had to force quit BibDesk. I append picture. I'm on BibDesk 1.6.3 (3363). What should I do?
  |>  --Gildas

Forgot to add I'm on OS 10.10.1 --gildas

On Nov 18, 2014, at 6:43, Gildas Hamel wrote:

I tried to edit my custom fields a few times today and couldn't get to the Advanced panel. I got the spin ball everytime and had to force quit BibDesk. I append picture. I'm on BibDesk 1.6.3 (3363). What should I do?
--Gildas
<2014-11-17_BibDesk.png>------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't tell from your description. What does it hang on? You can use Activity Monitor to sample BibDesk while it hangs.

Re: custom BibTeX Types and Fields

gweltaz
* Skriv a reas Christiaan Hofman ([hidden email]):

  |>  On Nov 18, 2014, at 6:43, Gildas Hamel wrote:
  |>
  |>  > I tried to edit my custom fields a few times today and couldn't get to the Advanced panel. I got the spin ball everytime and had to force quit BibDesk. I append picture. I'm on BibDesk 1.6.3 (3363). What should I do?
  |>  > --Gildas
  |>  > <2014-11-17_BibDesk.png>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  |>
  |>  Can't tell from your description. What does it hang on? You can use Activity Monitor to sample BibDesk while it hangs.
  |>
  |>  Christiaan

Thank you for the suggestion. I opened BibDesk's preferences panel again, clicked on Fields subpanel and it hanged. I force-quit, opened BD again, then the prefs panel, clicked on TexPreview subpanel, and it hanged also. I append the sample I took the first time.

I removed the 3 pref files in ~/Library/Preferences, to no avail.

I trashed BibDesk 1.6.3 (3363) and installed BD 1.6.3 (3296). No hanging when I opened it. Closed it and put back my 3 older preference files into ~/Library/Preferences. Re-opened BibDesk and tested the Preferences panel and subpanels: no problem.
--Gildas

Sample_BibDesk_18-11-14.txt (81K) Download Attachment

Re: custom BibTeX Types and Fields

Christiaan Hofman

On Nov 18, 2014, at 21:48, Gildas Hamel wrote:

* Skriv a reas Christiaan Hofman ([hidden email]):

 |>  On Nov 18, 2014, at 6:43, Gildas Hamel wrote:
 |>
 |>  > I tried to edit my custom fields a few times today and couldn't get to the Advanced panel. I got the spin ball everytime and had to force quit BibDesk. I append picture. I'm on BibDesk 1.6.3 (3363). What should I do?
 |>  > --Gildas
 |>  > <2014-11-17_BibDesk.png>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 |>
 |>  Can't tell from your description. What does it hang on? You can use Activity Monitor to sample BibDesk while it hangs.
 |>
 |>  Christiaan

Thank you for the suggestion. I opened BibDesk's preferences panel again, clicked on Fields subpanel and it hanged. I force-quit, opened BD again, then the prefs panel, clicked on TexPreview subpanel, and it hanged also. I append the sample I took the first time.

I removed the 3 pref files in ~/Library/Preferences, to no avail.

I trashed BibDesk 1.6.3 (3363) and installed BD 1.6.3 (3296). No hanging when I opened it. Closed it and put back my 3 older preference files into ~/Library/Preferences. Re-opened BibDesk and tested the Preferences panel and subpanels: no problem.
--Gildas
<Sample_BibDesk_18-11-14.txt>------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, that's what I meant.

I have put a test version at <http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/BibDesk.dmg>. Could you please download it and see if it fixes the problem you're seeing?

thanks

Re: custom BibTeX Types and Fields

gweltaz
* Skriv a reas Christiaan Hofman ([hidden email]):

  |>  I have put a test version at <http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/BibDesk.dmg>. Could you please download it and see if it fixes the problem you're seeing?
  |>
  |>  thanks
  |>  Christiaan

It's working on both my machines (os 10.10.1). Access to prefs panel and subpanels causes no problem. Highlighting (secondary highlights in smart and static groups) are working fine too. Thanks.

I notice the number of the test version is 1.6.3 (3296).
--Gildas