Quantcast

error with blank date added entries

M A

error with blank date added entries

M A
I have about 180 entries in my bib file which do not have a date added entry. It appears that BibDesk interprets these as being the most recent possible date. This means that in smart folders such as "Added Today" or "Added this week" I get the 180 entries in addition to those added today (or this week). I guess this is probably not expected behavior? Should I file a bug report or is there something messed up with my set-up? A work around would be to add an old date to the 180 entries, but I don't see a way to do this easily in BibDesk (I could write a script, but would rather not have to...).

Thanks,
Mark A

Re: error with blank date added entries

Jan Jakob Bornheim
It would be a feasible workaround to  first select all entries with the empty Date-Added  field (an obvious easy way to do that would be a smart group for all entries added today and then deselect the ones that were actually added today, or just do it right after midnight), then use Database Find and Replace (Cmd Shift F), choose "Overwrite or Add Field" as operation, make sure "Replace All Scope" is set to selected items, enter "Date-Added" into the "Field" and then use an arbitrary old date as "Value to set".

M A