problematic characters in generated filenames

problematic characters in generated filenames

Mike Benfield
I have configured Autofile to use the Author and Title fields to generate filenames. Unfortunately, this sometimes results in problematic filenames: for instance, they can contain backslashes, which means, among other things, they won't sync with Dropbox.

I have the option set to clean up TeX, but it doesn't actually get rid of most TeX, it seems. For instance, $\times$ appearing in the Title will appear verbatim in the filename.

I could change the field names for the problematic citations, or I could change my Autofile configuration in some way. Neither of these is desirable. Do I have any other options here?

Mike