Quantcast

reset password for shared library

Jan David Hauck
Hello,
I'm using shared libraries.  Unfortunately I have entered the wrong password for one of the libraries, but I can't find a way how to reset it.  It doesn't give me a second option to enter the correct password.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jan

Re: reset password for shared library

Christiaan Hofman

On Apr 25, 2015, at 7:23, Jan David Hauck wrote:

Hello,
I'm using shared libraries.  Unfortunately I have entered the wrong password for one of the libraries, but I can't find a way how to reset it.  It doesn't give me a second option to enter the correct password.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jan

Have you tried restarting BibDesk?

If that does not work, you can also try to change it in the Keychain Access app. The item should be called something like "LibraryName - BibDesk Sharing". You can try changing the password there, or deleting that item. I am not sure whether you should do that while BibDesk is not running.

Re: reset password for shared library

Jan David Hauck
Deleting in Keychain worked!  Thank you!  I should have thought of that myself.

Just restarting BibDesk didn't do the job, I had tried that before.

On Apr 25, 2015, at 18:59, Jan David Hauck wrote:

Deleting in Keychain worked!  Thank you!  I should have thought of that myself.

Just restarting BibDesk didn't do the job, I had tried that before.

This is strange. For me, I don't even have to restart, just reselect the shared group, as the dialog says, is enough. That's also how it is intended to work.

Christiaan

[...]

Maybe it was a connection issue.
Now it's working fine.