stringByConvertingDoubleHyphenToEndash broken?

stringByConvertingDoubleHyphenToEndash broken?

Simon Spiegel
Is the tag stringByConvertingDoubleHyphenToEndash currently broken? I've been using this tag for quite some time, but with version 1.5.6 fields which contain two hyphens aren't displayed at all. As soon as I remove the tag from the template, the field is displayed – with two hyphens of course.

Simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch

„It is a sobering thought that when Mozart was my age, he had been dead for two years.“ Tom Lehrer

Re: stringByConvertingDoubleHyphenToEndash broken?

Christiaan Hofman

On Oct 11, 2011, at 16:16, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> Is the tag stringByConvertingDoubleHyphenToEndash currently broken? I've been using this tag for quite some time, but with version 1.5.6 fields which contain two hyphens aren't displayed at all. As soon as I remove the tag from the template, the field is displayed – with two hyphens of course.
>
> Simon
>
> --
> Simon Spiegel
> Steinhaldenstr. 50
> 8002 Zürich
>
> Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
> Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039
>

> http://www.simifilm.ch
>
> „It is a sobering thought that when Mozart was my age, he had been dead for two years.“ Tom Lehrer

You're right, there's an error there. I'll have it fixed in tomorrow's nightly.

Re: stringByConvertingDoubleHyphenToEndash broken?

wayne
Just experienced the same problem, which as a novice took me some time to figure out.

didn't notice the problem until a journal editor asked me when the paper's proofs came back.

stringByConvertingDoubleHyphenToEndash still seems to be broken.

This is using 1.5.6 with Pages 4.1

Wayne