titleCapitalizedString

Jan David Hauck
Hello there,

I have a question about the
titleCapitalizedString
modifier.
It capitalizes the first Character of the field and lowercases everything else.
Is that what it's supposed to do?
(I thought that was called sentence style)

I was looking for something that capitalizes a string as an actual title, i.e., every word capitalized except for articles, prepositions, and conjunctions.
Is there a way to do that?

(My entries are all lowercase except for proper nouns)

Help greatly appreciated,

Jan

Re: titleCapitalizedString

Christiaan Hofman

On Jan 24, 2015, at 2:35, Jan David Hauck wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I have a question about the
> titleCapitalizedString
> modifier.
> It capitalizes the first Character of the field and lowercases everything else.
> Is that what it's supposed to do?
> (I thought that was called sentence style)
>
> I was looking for something that capitalizes a string as an actual title, i.e., every word capitalized except for articles, prepositions, and conjunctions.
> Is there a way to do that?
>
> (My entries are all lowercase except for proper nouns)
>
> Help greatly appreciated,
>
> Jan

Yes, it capitalizes the first character in ever sentence, which is a style that is often used in titles. If you want to capitalize every word, use capitalizedString. There is no method that does exactly what you want (this would be much more complicated, as it would require some information about grammar and is language sensitive, this is all not available.)

Re: titleCapitalizedString

Jan Jakob Bornheim
On 24 Jan, 2015, at 10:38, Christiaan Hofman <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Christiaan

If you are okay with modifying the underlying data rather than just the way it is displayed, it is somewhat manageable to modify Doug’s AppleScript for iTunes (http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=titlecaps) to modify the title field data in BibDesk for the selected pubs. I have done  so myself to great success but I am somewhat reluctant to share the script without Doug’s consent as I am fairly certain that would be borderline copyright infringement. I will ask him if he’s fine with me sharing the script.

Cheers

JJ

On Jan 24, 2015, at 12:25, Jan David Hauck wrote:

[...]

I actually have an applescript available on the Wiki that does this for BibDesk.